Hair fall or Hair loss causes thinning of hair on the scalp. Typically at least the head is involved. The severity of hair fall can vary from a small area to the entire body. The adult scalp contains 100,000 hair follicles. Everyday the scalp loses about 100 hair and grows back in 5-6 weeks. From age 40 the by-product prolactin of testosterone of men increases, that causes the hair to grow back to thinner or not returned to grow at all. In terms of medical, it is known as alopecia or baldness. Alopecia can be temporary or permanent. the most common form of hair fall occurs gradually and is referred to as "androgenetic alopecia", means that a combination of hormones and heredity is needed to develop the condition. Hair loss normally occurs with age in both men and women but is typically more pronounced in men.
1. Male-pattern hair: The cause of male - pattern hair loss is a combination of genetics
and male hormones
2. Female-pattern hair fall: The cause of female pattern hair fall is unclear. alopecia areata- the cause of alopecia areata is autoimmune
3. Telogen effluvium: cause of telogen effluvium is typically a physically or psychologically stressful event. Telogen effluvium is very common during pregnancy.
Regarding the treatments following are the effective treatments for hair fall:
For patients facing so much hair fall, some oral medicines or lotion prescribes by the doctor are beneficial.
Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) is a natural regenerative treatment in which the growth factors in your blood are used to regrow hair.
Hair transplant is a surgical procedure in which hair follicles are transplanted from the donor area to the recipient area. It is a treatment for baldness and is suitable for both men and women.
The total time duration for alopecia areata treatment varies from case to case. It usually
depends on the following factors:
Firstly it depends upon the affected area like scalp, beard, mustache, limbs or any other body areas.
Secondly, it depends upon the extent of its spread like whether its small or large that is affected along with that whether it's on one or multiple spots.
Thirdly it depends upon previous medication that you are on, for example, extensive use of oral or local cortisone associated diseases like underactive thyroid, diabetes, and other diseases can affect the time period of the treatment.
one may expect a definite change within three to five months after starting alopecia areata treatment. The total length of medication maybe anything between six months to two years or longer.
1. Limit your use of hair dryers-Heat weakens hair proteins, constant heating and
drying can lead to brittleness and fragility that can really damage our hair.
2. Avoid perms- Perming refers to either chemical straightening or chemical curling both of which can damage our hair.
3. Cut down on dyes and chemicals-Frequent use of hair coloring chemicals increases the chance of serious damage being done to our hair.
4.choose a suitable shampoo for your hair type- Getting a good shampoo will really help us to have a healthy head of hair, so take some time to find that matches our hair type.